Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March TBR

Phew! Made it to the halfway point of the semester.  I managed to read two books last month:


Notice I didn't end up reading Illuminae last month; it was a DNF for me at around page 130.  While the unique format was cool, I found the characters to be too annoying to continue any further.

I'm hoping my reading won't slacken too much this month, what with the Nintendo Switch coming out tomorrow! I'm SO EXCITED for the new Zelda game!! If I manage to get my shit together, I'll be reading the following this month:

1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - I'm currently reading this chunker of a book.  Hoping to finish it within the week!











2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Audiobook) - I've read the book, watched the Keira Knightley movie probably over 10 times, and seen at least 2 other screen adaptations of my fave classic! This time, I'm listening to the audiobook narrated by Rosamund Pike (she played Jane in the 2005 movie!!).  I love listening to the elegance of her voice.  The ability to count rereads on Goodreads means I can finally reread my faves without feeling anxious about meeting my reading challenge!


3. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon - I feel it is time to read a contemporary novel for a change! I've been reading so many high fantasy and science fiction novels lately that I really need something more simplistic.

4. Scythe by Neal Shusterman - I have to admit that I'm basically reading this for the cover and great reviews on Goodreads.

5. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Alexander Freed (Audiobook) - I spent a few hours today trying to decide what audiobook I was going to spend my audible credit on! I went to Reddit r/YAlit for advice, but nothing appealed to me.  I then took to browsing audible and came across this! I thought about reading the novelization after seeing the film and shipping Jyn x Cassian like cray, but for some reason decided against it.  The audiobook, however, seems too good to pass up (it even has sound effects!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...