Monday, January 2, 2017

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

Title: Golden Son (Red Rising #2)
Author: Pierce Brown
Released January 6, 2015
Borrowed from Library
Rating: 5/5

Summary

Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within.

A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices (Summary from Goodreads).

Review

WHEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE DURING THE LAST 5 PAGES:

 

HOLY CRAP THAT ENDING!!!

*hyperventilates*

Okay okay, I am calm. I swear.  Who am I kidding - this review is going to be a lot of capslock so get ready. First off, YAY for improved writing!! Descriptions were much more detailed and I got a MUCH better picture of the characters' personalities from the dialogue.  I FREAKING LOVE SEVRO HE IS A PRECIOUS LITTLE FIERCE GOBLIN.  The banter between the original characters from book one was amazing and usually made me freak out because I SHIP THEIR FRIENDSHIPS SO MUCH.

There was crazy action, political strategy, brutal deaths, and all kinds of painful betrayal.  A wild ride from start to finish.  The book starts an entire year after the events of Red Rising, and Darrow is now under the tutelage of Nero au Augustus, the same man that sentenced Darrow's wife to death in book one. The feud between House Augustus and House Bellona has more tension than ever.  It makes me think of Romeo and Juliet when Mercutio yells "A plague on both your houses!"

I honestly can't think straight because I'm so emotionally compromised by that ending!! If you read book one and are hesitant to start this, READ IT! You will not be disappointed!  This was all kinds of epic.  I can totally imagine a movie being made out of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...