Sunday, May 1, 2016

May TBR

*huff huff  huff* So close to the end of the semester!! Finals start this week and I'm going crazy because I haven't been able to read in the last couple weeks.  It's not necessarily that I don't have time, but rather because being really busy puts me in a mindset where it's hard for me to sit down and thoroughly enjoy a good read without thinking about all the stuff I should be doing.  That brings me to the one book I managed to read last month:


To be honest, I'm not exactly sure if I will read the following books or switch them out for something else.  It is really going to depend on my mood.  Luckily, the day after my last final exam I will be kickin' back for two and a half weeks with my family down south - plenty of time to read! These are the books I plan to read this month:

1. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski - Like I said up top, it has been hard for me to sit down and actually enjoy reading this amazing book.  I am so, so close to finishing it, but I want to be in the right mindset when I do.  This has been a great series that really makes me feel EVERYTHING the characters feel. It's also taking me forever to finish because I simply don't want it to end!









2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I joined a brand-spanking new bookclub on Goodreads called YA Bookworms!  Based on the poll, it looks like this will be the book of the month for May.  I have been seeing this book around a lot in the book community and it has great ratings on Goodreads...so I'm pretty dang excited to pick this one up.  I don't typically read contemporary, so I'm looking forward to "expanding my horizons."








3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - This is another one that is popular among the book community.  Just reading the description, it looks pretty awesome and for some reason it reminds me of Artemis Fowl, a middle-grade series I read back in middle school (one of my faves!). So yeah I'm feeling ready to finally read this book.









4. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews - I saw the movie at a friend's house...and then I made my family watch it later that same day!  My cousin lent me the book a few months ago, and I've been meaning to read it.  Usually I won't read a book after seeing the movie, but I really loved how awkward the main character was in the movie.  Imagining the actor's voice while reading the book will make it extra funny I think.







Lastly, I know I have been slacking big time with my Spotlight Fridays for the last two months.  I lined up three Spotlight Fridays for May, plus a book release blitz, so I'm doing what I can to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...