Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1)
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Released December 2, 2010
Borrowed from Library
Rating 5/5

Summary

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? (Summary from Goodreads)

Review

So you all know I'm not a fan of contemporary or first person POV. Well, this book has both and I still loved it! This book is light and fluffy romance, the kind one may remember from Meg Cabot's books. Don't expect it to be a literary masterpiece, though, since it is a light read. It took me a bit to adjust to the writing style, but after a couple chapters I was laughing at the little jokes and feeling all the feels.

From reading the summary, you might be thinking "Oh God, another book with a perfect guy?" But while St. Clair is every girl's dream guy, he does have realistic flaws and he is characterized in such a way where he comes off as a believable character. I felt that the relationships depicted were realistic (not that I have any experience whatsoever) because it highlights the difficulty of communicating your feelings to another person. Anna is every girl that wonders, "What is he thinking? Does he feel the same way?" She's a fun, quirky character that I think every girl can relate to.

I'll have to add her other books to my tbr. I need more light and fluffy contemporary in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...