Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Winter by Marissa Meyer

Title: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Released November 10, 2015
Bought Hardcover from Amazon
Rating: 5/5

Summary

Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters? (Summary from Goodreads)


Upon finishing this book, a deep sadness rooted within me.  I've become so attached to these precious cinnamon rolls.  I love everything about this series.  The plot, the writing, the characters, the ships, EVERYTHING.  Words cannot express how much I will miss this mess of a crew.  

Honestly, Marissa Meyer may be one of the best YA writers I've come across.  I'm definitely no expert in the writing department, but from the good number of YA books I've read, she is one of the best.  For one, she writes in third-person POV, which I love.  She uses the right amount of description for the characters and surroundings, the pacing is always balanced, and the story always has a bit of dramatic flair with some one-liners.  The plot has a sense of direction; Meyer must have known where she was going to take the story from the very first book.  It was awesome seeing all these characters with their unique backgrounds intertwine with one another in Scarlet, Cress, and finally Winter.

Winter was an exceptional end to this amazing series.  This was the longest book I've ever read at 825 pages!  It didn't feel that long, though, because I love the characters so much!  All the characters still retained their unique personalities.  These babies went through SO MUCH, and there were times when I just didn't know how they would get out of the tough situations they were in.

Oh gosh, I don't know what to say anymore - I have so many feelings right now!  The ending was awesome, everything was awesome!  I'm looking forward to Stars Above, which has a collection of stories revolving around the characters (prequels, epilogues, and such).  Meyer is also coming out with Heartless, which the beginning of another series and an origin story of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.  Both are expected to be released next year! I need her writing like I need air to breath!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...