Friday, October 2, 2015

Spotlight Friday (18): Becoming: The Balance Bringer


I am hosting this blitz on behalf of YA Bound Book Tours

Title: Becoming: The Balance Bringer (The Balance Bringer Chronicles #1)
Author: Debra Kristi
Genre: Fantasy
Released March 9, 2015

Summary

Ana’s world is falling apart. What she thought were dreams start entering her waking life. Eerie shadows hunt her. Her dream guy becomes reality. And strange new abilities begin developing. Ana is becoming something other.

She is determined to find answers, but where to turn? Her mom and best friend are keeping secrets. Her older sister is dead and exists only in her dreams. And her younger sister thinks they are goddesses.

Above all else, dark forces will stop at nothing to crush Ana – to keep her from restoring balance. To keep her from…becoming.

Is love and blood and sisterhood enough to stop the dark secrets and power from destroying her? (Summary from Goodreads)
Author Interview

Tell us a little bit about your book.
What happens when a high-school senior discovers everything she knows about her life is a lie? As Ana Janssen’s true nature blossoms, the secrets and deceptions she’s lived under begin to fracture, sparking her quest for the truth. An outcast at school, she’ll need to rise to her calling―her destiny―and learn what it means to become the Balance Bringer. She’ll need to find a way to accept her new found responsibility, step away from the life she’s always known, and allow the becoming. Can she stay the course without getting distracted by life events, or worse yet, guys?

Have you published before?
I’ve had short stories published in collectives or anthologies, but my Mystic’s Carnival line, starting with The Moorigad Dragon, was the first venture I’ve made on my own. Becoming: The Balance Bringer is what started it all and I couldn’t be more thrilled to finally have it available for readers.

What gets you in the mood to write?
Meditation, music, long walks, those all put me in the mood. The better question might be what yanks me out of the writing mood, things such as constant interruptions and insistent needy kitties.

Who is your favorite character and why?
That’s a tough question. On any given day my answer will be different. Today, I’m going to say Ana’s sister, Crystia. There’s something about her free spirit that I simply adore. I wish I could be a little more like her.

Are you currently working on anything else?
I’m glad you asked. At the moment I am closing out my Moorigad Dragon Collection, finishing the story and then putting all the individual novellas into one large bundle. The series is receiving a complete visual makeover in the process. Once that’s done all my focus will be on continuing the Balance Bringer Chronicles. Book Two, Awakening: The Balance Bringer is written and awaiting the next edit pass.  

Please tell us in one sentence why we should read your book!
Because Becoming: The Balance Bringer is a twisty-curvy, page-turning, fantasy story inspired by a few true events and my sister’s non-stop pushing. 

~

Great interview. Thanks for having me. I appreciate your time and help in getting the word out. And a massive thanks to the readers. You guys rock! We writers would be nothing without you! 

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About the Author

Debra Kristi is a paranormal and fantasy writer. She lives in Southern California with her husband, two children and and three schizophrenic cats. She’s a full-time kid chaser, video game maker's wife, and muse prompted writer. Unlike the characters she often writes, she is not immortal and her only super power is letting the dishes and laundry pile up. When not writing, Debra is hanging out creating priceless memories with her family, geeking out to science fiction and fantasy television, and tossing around movie quotes. 

“She writes because the dead girl told her to.” 

Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...