Tuesday, September 22, 2015

One Good Dragon Deserves Another by Rachel Aaron

Title: One Good Dragon Deserves Another (Heartstrikers #2)
Author: Rachel Aaron
Released August 1, 2015
Bought on Kindle
Rating: 4/5

Summary

After barely escaping the machinations of his terrifying mother, two all knowing seers, and countless bloodthirsty siblings, the last thing Julius wants to see is another dragon. Unfortunately for him, the only thing more dangerous than being a useless Heartstriker is being a useful one, and now that he’s got an in with the Three Sisters, Julius has become a key pawn in Bethesda the Heartstriker’s gamble to put her clan on top. 

Refusal to play along with his mother’s plans means death, but there’s more going on than even Bethesda knows, and with Estella back in the game with a vengeance, Heartstriker futures disappearing, and Algonquin’s dragon hunter closing in, the stakes are higher than even a seer can calculate. But when his most powerful family members start dropping like flies, it falls to Julius to defend the clan that never respected him and prove that, sometimes, the world’s worst dragon is the best one to have on your side (Summary from Goodreads).


Guys, I've been so unproductive this month with reading!! I've been obsessed in the last week with this suspenseful video game called Until Dawn.  I'm so invested in the characters.  I've been watching a let's play on YouTube and the only thing keeping me from watching it now is that I'm too scared to continue!  I thought I'd share in case any of you are interested, but let's get back to that review, shall we?

Omigosh it feel so good to finish a book.  It pretty much took me all month to finish this.  Part of that is because of school and me being addicted to Until Dawn, but to be honest, I've been in a reading slump.  I'm not sure if it's because of the book or if it's just me.  What I do know is that this book wasn't as refreshing as I remember the first book being.  For me, some of the dialogue felt...bland and repetitive.  I found myself losing focus a lot.  This book was drawn out a little too long.

That being said, the strong point of this book is the colorful personalities of the characters, especially Justin and Brohomir (Bob).  I love Justin's almost careless personality when it comes to danger, and Bob is just a cool character in general.  I like that we got to find out a little more about Marci's spirit cat, Ghost. Honestly, though, these characters are freakin' adorable.

These books are such nice reads.  I recommend them if you're looking for something light and fun to read.  The only issue I have with the writing is that sometimes it's too much like the way we talk which is what makes it a little bland for me.  Other than that, I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.  That ending was intriguing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...