Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Spotlight (3): Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis


I am hosting this tour on behalf of Lola's Blog Tours

Title: Beyond Reach (True Calling #2)
Author: Siobhan Davis
Genre: Science Fiction
Released May 30th, 2015

Summary

Back on Earth, Ariana is caught in a dangerous crossfire between clandestine rebel organization Clementia and the power-hungry government. Refusing to divulge the location of the secret information entrusted to her by her late father, she desperately tries to bargain for her Mom, Lily, and Cal’s rescue. She’s fighting a losing battle, and the clock is ticking.

Presented with evidence of her fiancé Cal’s apparent betrayal, she loyally defends him despite her concerns. With her emotions in turmoil, matters become even more complicated as she grows closer to her ex-boyfriend Zane.

When the stakes are raised, a succession of shocking revelations rocks her world, setting her on a path that will not only change her destiny but the fate of humanity. 

Confronted by a memory so abhorrent comes a truth she would do anything to forget. 

But some things just can’t be undone (Summary from Goodreads).


Excerpt

Jax helps me up, coughing loudly. Then strong arms tug me back against a solid chest. “Are you hurt?” Zane asks.

“No, I think I’m okay.” Though it’s hard to decipher anything in the dust cloud. My heart rate spikes painfully as I hear the sound of harried footsteps approaching. Pulling out of Zane’s embrace, I swivel around.

“Zane?” Ben yells. Materializing in front of me, he grabs me into his rough embrace. “I thought I told you not to pull any stupid stunts?”

“Can we save the lecture? Agent Leena says we need to go now,” Zane says, holding his fingers to a small metal gadget affixed to his ear. Grabbing my hand, he propels me forward. Ben and Jax follow at my heels.

We push out into the stairwell and pick our way over the layer of debris coating the floor. Peering over the edge of the railing, I see evidence of further destruction stretching the full length of the building. “What happened?” I ask, confused.

“Commander De Luca is in a stealth-craft overhead. He blasted the building with a low-level incendiary bolt to act as a diversion. He’s drawing some of the Rangers away so that we can escape on foot,” Zane says, thrusting a gun into my hand and offering a smaller one to Jax. “Be careful, it’s unlocked,” he adds.

“I know how to handle a gun, Zane.” My lips tighten into thin lines, and Jax chuckles. Zane grins as he starts descending the stairs. A shot whizzes past my head, and we all instinctively drop to the floor. Visibility is still somewhat poor, but I can just make out a couple of shapes approaching. Raising my hand, I fire indiscriminately, intending it as a warning rather than a deliberate attempt to kill. But one of the bodies falls to the ground, and I have to swallow the lump in my throat.


Follow these blogs to find out what happens next!


1 May
Natural Bri - Pursuits of Life
Paranormal Books

3 May
Reading Addict

4 May
Kimber Leigh Writes

5 May
Word to Dreams

6 May
Book Lovers Life

7 May
Deal Sharing Aunt

8 May
3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, & Sissy, Too!

12 May
MichaelSciFan

13 May
T's Stuff

15 May
Books Tea and Cats

16 May
SoulCleverBooks

18 May
Books and Ashes

20 May
Romance that's 'Out Of This World'

21 May
Love, Laughter, Friendship

Giveaway

Enter for a chance to win 2 e-copies of Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis and 2 10$ amazon gift cards!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About the Author

Siobhan Davis is the author of YA science fiction romance series True Calling.

A self-diagnosed ‘teenager forever’—at least when it comes to books, music and movies; Siobhan is totally addicted to teen fiction and superhero/blockbuster movies. Siobhan loves baking, crime novels, shoes, bags, make-up, anti-wrinkle cream, anything pink, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, and Robert Pattinson (definitely Team Edward).

Siobhan has forged a successful corporate career, in Human Resources, over the last twenty years.

A member of the IWI writers group, Siobhan resides in the Garden County of Ireland with her husband and two sons.

Author Links:


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting my blog tour today, Maria. I really appreciate it 😊

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...