Friday, April 17, 2015

Book Blitz! True Calling by Siobhan Davis

 
I am hosting this blitz on behalf of Lola's Blog Tours
 
 
Title: True Calling
Author: Siobhan Davis
Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction, Romance
Released August 1st, 2014
 
Summary

Planet Novo, nestled in space twelve hundred miles above the surface of the Earth, is the new home of 17 year old Cadet Ariana Skyee. Confused by the government-sanctioned memory erase and distressed at her impending forced marriage and motherhood, Ariana’s plans for the future are thrown into complete disarray.

As the traumatic events within her family life enfold, Ariana grows increasingly alarmed at the authorities apparent pre-occupation with her and feels progressively more isolated and alone.

Her growing feelings for fellow Cadet Cal Remus intensify as the recently announced pageant, ‘The Calling’, gets underway. Struggling to comprehend the continuous, inexplicable dreams of the mysterious Zane, discovering the past helps shape her future, with devastating personal consequences (Summary from Goodreads).


Excerpt

“That’s my all-time favorite song. I hope you don’t mind that I was listening. You have a lovely voice.” I feel heat rising in my cheeks. 

“Thanks,” he says with genuine appreciation. “Maybe I can serenade you in private sometime.” He winks at me, and I blush to the roots of my hair. 

Purposefully ignoring his comment, we travel together to our rooms, engaging in harmless chit-chat on the way. 

“Um, bye,” I say, moving toward my door. 

“I’ll wait for you,” he says without hesitation. 

“I’m not sure how long I’ll be. Fenuka has an endless list of modifications in mind, and I could be a while. I’m pretty sure you’ll be in and out in seconds,” I say, jealously scanning his perfect face. 

“I hope she doesn’t modify you too much—I think you’re perfect just the way you are.” He gazes at me strangely, and an alien fluttering feeling builds in my chest.

“Okay, see you after,” I blurt out, stumbling into my room. Maybe he does want to be more than friends? I wish I were more experienced with boys so that I could understand his intentions more clearly. I grimace inwardly when I think of how much of an expert I’ll most likely be in a few months time.

Today is the last day True Calling is free! So make sure to grab your copy from Amazon!
 
About the Author

Siobhan Davis is the author of YA science fiction romance series True Calling. A self-diagnosed ‘teenager forever’—at least when it comes to books, music and movies; Siobhan is totally addicted to teen fiction and superhero/blockbuster movies. Siobhan loves baking, crime novels, shoes, bags, make-up, anti-wrinkle cream, anything pink, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, and Robert Pattinson (definitely Team Edward). Siobhan has forged a successful corporate career, in Human Resources, over the last twenty years. A member of the IWI writers group, Siobhan resides in the Garden County of Ireland with her husband and two sons.
Contact Siobhan at: www.siobhandavis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...